· Qubee Afaan Oromoo or the Oromo Alphabet has also some double letters of consonants than the English Alphabet. These especial double letters are Ch, Dh, Ny, Ph, and Sh. These double letters are called “Qubee dacha” in Afaan Oromoo.
· Qubee dubbifamaa- which means consonants: b c d f g h j k l m n p q r s t v w x y z
· Qubee dubbachiiftuu-which means vowels: a e i o u
· In addition to the entire 26 letter English Alphabet, we Oromoo have five especial double letters such Ch which gives Cha sound, Dh which gives Dha sound, Ny, which gives nya sound, Ph, which gives Pha sound and Sh which gives Sha Sound.
· In Afaan Oromo or Oromo Alphabet, letters like V, P, and Z are borrowed letters. These letters are called “Qubee ergisaa” in Afaan Oromoo.
Here with video: